Being a part of the SBI family
Here at SBI Builders, we are more than just co-workers, but a family that grows from each other’s strengths and successes. We pride ourselves in providing countless opportunities and experiences that go well beyond the workplace.
Our greatest asset as a company is our employees. As we continue to grow, we are always looking to add talented people to our team.
We strive to build better for our families, staff, clients and project teams.
We Offer Competitive
Along with the countless opportunities we offer, we also provide each full-time employee benefits that help each individual succeed. This is because when an employee succeeds, so do we.
Here is a list of benefits that will help each person succeed in our work environment and beyond. Along with these benefits, opportunity to grow as an individual and become a vital part of SBI Builders.
Build your future
We offer many job opportunities. Our greatest tool is and will always be our employees. Our employees bring hardwork and dedication everyday. They also bring knowledge and creativity to everybody who works alongside them. SBI wants the newest generations to gain their wealth of knowledge. Internships and apprenticeships are an amazing employment opportunity.
As an intern working for SBI, you will learn and master skills from the most exceptional and most talented people in the construction industry. You can expect to acquire skills that will advance your professional career such as teamwork, adaptability, leadership, problem-solving, creativity, and many, many more.
Join us today and help us build a better tomorrow!
Easily apply below. Please fill out application and attach resume.
- MUST be able to schedule entire project start to finish (MS Project preferred)
- MUST have been main superintendent on Ground Up projects of at least $5 million
- Ability to track subcontractors’ progress on the job, maintain the project schedule and coordinate with various agencies for reporting and compliance with project documents and specification
- Ability to manage field crew including project engineers, foremen, and assistant superintendent
- Responsible for quality control
- Manage project safety
- Provide on-site coordination of manpower, materials, equipment, and site logistics
- Effectively manage job site challenges such as weather conditions or emergencies
- Monitor cost control and job costing, quantity reporting, forecasting and productivity
- Four-year college degree with at least 10 years of building construction experience required
- Knowledge of building construction means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of cost control procedures.
- Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project database by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Requirements analysis
- Design skills
- Project management
- Manufacturing methods and procedures
- Process improvement
- Technical understanding
- Documentation skills
- Safety management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
- 5+ years of project experience working in the construction industry required
- Experience with large manufacturing facilities construction sites preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software, preferably Primavera (P6) preferred
- Assist the Superintendent in manpower scheduling, obtain tools and materials needed, filing permits and other documents, and advising on budget expenditures.
- Provide on-site supervision and inspection of subcontractors’ work, job site safety, receiving and storing of tools and supplies, and reporting all of these aspects to the Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Compile project budgets and schedules.
- Read and understand documents defining project, including but not limited to: agreements, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys, budgets, schedules, and drawings.
- Review design documents, scope of construction, and create preliminary construction budgeting.
- Coordinate box moves and reconfiguration, signage, furniture assets, and IT set up.
- Prepare project status reports, process purchase orders, update tracking reports, and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
- Source and manage subcontractors and specialty vendors.
- Ensure all project participants understand project goals, assumptions, constraints, and deliverables.
- Provide superior client service to internal and external clients.
- Review and close out project invoices.
- College education in Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline, or
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in construction project coordination or project management or any combination of education and experience or
- 4+ years relevant work experience in building framing.
- Background in employee supervision, building codes, blueprint reading, or budget management
- High potential talent with a positive attitude, customer-focused, desire to learn.
- Ability to prepare and track overall project budgets and schedules
- Experience leading and managing numerous facets of multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and cultivate business relationships with subcontractors and clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The qualified candidate will be detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, extremely professional, and customer service oriented
- Maintain positive job margin through project completion
- Manage/Oversee project team in collaboration with project superintendent
- Estimation review and budget management
- Heavy contract compliance
- Drive, develop and cultivate long term relationships with Client, Architects and Subcontractors
- Provide timely, transparent reporting
- Manage/Oversee the schedule with Superintendent
- Manage/Oversee creation of subcontractor scope of works with Superintendent
- Manage/Oversee billing for the job
- Manage/Oversee OAC meeting
- Manage/Oversee document management through Procore
- Manage/Oversee bid spread and leveling
- Bachelor’s Degree (Architectural, Engineering, Construction Management and/or business preferred)
- Experience managing multi-family projects ranging from $50M – $125M
- 5+ yrs. Project Management experience within Podium, Urban / High-Density and MultiFamily Mixed-Use communities
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership methodologies, while maintaining a professional environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while leading meetings, delivering reports, submittals, maintaining sub lists, subcontracts, schedules, change orders, insurance, material procurement, logistics, as-builts and closeout
- Program Utilization and understanding of MS Project, Procore, Bluebeam, PlanGrid, Sage, Textura and Office Suite
- Responsible for cleaning and preparing construction sites for the erection of structures and buildings
- Loading and unloading materials
- Reading plans and specifications
- Tending machines
- Mixing and pouring concrete
- Assisting carpenters, operating engineers, and other construction site workers
The Project Accountant is responsible for working with each job team to manage all the financial information related to the project. This includes monitoring the progress and budgets for each project, investigating variances, approving project expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers with all the required documentation on a monthly basis.
The ideal candidate will work with the Project Managers while also being responsible for proactively analyzing and reporting on financial project administration, profitability, utilization, and project budgets.